Saturday, November 29, 2014

Chicken Souvlaki


This is the first time I've tried the chicken souvlaki from Mitchell's. I cooked them on the BBQ for about 12 minutes over high heat and some of the larger pieces were a bit underdone.  I don't think there was any danger but if I cook them again I'll make sure the larger pieces are firmer. The rice was cooked with olive oil, salt, 2 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp dried dill. I was looking for the liquorice flavour from the dill but it didn't come through. Try more or fresh next time.

The carrots were boiled and finished in butter and salt. A simple salad of iceberg, cucumber, celery and tomato.

Vinaigrette

2 tsp olive/canola oil
2 tsp raspberry vinegar - This batch isn't strong so it needs extra
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper
1/2 tsp prepared horseradish

Whisk and toss. 

The chicken was good but I prefer the pork souvlaki. I'm still using a head of iceberg lettuce I tore up several days ago.  Fern is right, it doesn't go brown if you don't use a steel knife on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment