Sunday, November 16, 2014

Quick Leftover Lunch


I had enough alfredo sauce for one portion of pasta, not quite enough for Fern and I. I suggested filling it out with tomato sauce to make rosé sauce.  Fern said add ham and cheese too! I got the pasta going and looked at the ham. It was from last week but should still be good. It had white spots on it that didn't look like congealed fat. So I threw it out and substituted bacon. I cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and fried them up.  I grated half a cup of cheddar cheese. I added the bacon and cheese to the hot sauce and stirred. It took a minute for the cheese to melt, then I added some chopped parsley, stirred in the pasta and served it.

It was better than the alfredo sauce alone! The bacon worked really well, it was a delicious lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment