Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Curry Coconut Cashew Chicken


A third and final meal from that chicken I broke down the other day. It made hearty soup for dinner, then lunch next day. This was the legs and wings plus a piece of chicken breast that was in the fridge. I sweated a diced onion, carrot, celery stick and 3 different peppers. Next I sprinkled a tablespoon of curry powder over the vegetables and tossed them.  I added a few drops of Thai Fish Sauce which gave a distinct odour of dirty socks. That's a little scary, but not all ingredients are in and flavour can change as it cooks.  So I continued with a splash of white wine, half a can of coconut milk and a handful of cashews.  The milk was too watery so the sauce needed to be reduced. 

Once the curry had boiled down enough I plated it over basmati rice cooked with salt, olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Fern loved it, I practically inhaled mine. Storm wouldn't try mine but Fern got him to eat a piece of curry chicken. He didn't like the smell but he loved the taste. He licked our plates clean and stared at me, licking his lips for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment