Sunday, March 1, 2015

Another Rib Steak


I never got nice grill marks like that with the old Grill Chef BBQ. It had 3/8in thick grill bars that didn't seem to get hot enough to sear the meat much. Anyway, the usual 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes, turn over, 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes and it's done gives beautiful grill marks on both sides and it's perfectly medium rare. I turned the heat down from high as well, which I couldn't do with the old BBQ, it wouldn't get hot enough. The new BBQ is a Char Broil brand and it's the best BBQ I've had so far. This is my 5th propane BBQ.

The steak is really large so instead of potatoes I made vegetables on cream corn I had left. Salt, black pepper on the steak and butter, salt and pepper on the veggies. Despite looking a bit like something's missing, it filled me up and tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment