Friday, June 29, 2012

Cajun Chicken on Rice


Straightforward cooking tonight.  I boned the breasts, seasoned them with my Cajun spice mix seared them in a frying pan and finished them in the oven at 375º for 30 minutes total cooking time.  The rice was plain basmati only salt and a little oil added. I still haven't gotten away from microwaving my vegetables but I take them out before they become mushy. I dressed them with butter, salt and a few drops of rice wine vinegar.

When the breasts were done I put them under foil while the vegetables finished.  Then I sliced them and put them on the rice.  The juice from the board I poured over both breasts and rice. Finally I poured fresh squeezed lemon over both breasts.  All of that brought surprising flavor to rice.

A fresh salsa over the chicken would have been nice but I made oatmeal cinnamon raisin cookies just before dinner so time was short. Bet you didn't know if you don't have two of those hundred dollar ceramic cookie sheets you can use a $10 pizza stone!


No comments:

Post a Comment