Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Garlic Ckicken


We had a big lunch out so we wanted something lighter for dinner.  Chicken fit the bill so I picked up a couple of breasts and a zucchini to go with.  The whole grain rice takes nearly an hour to cook so I put it on first.  I used half chicken stock half water for the liquid and added only salt and a teaspoon of oil.

After boning the breasts I shook them in a plastic bag with 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, half a teaspoon of poultry seasoning and some salt and ground mixed peppercorns. I seared both sides in a well oiled frying pan then put the pan into a 375ᵒ oven for 25 to 30 minutes.

The carrots were par boiled then put in cold water till I had some sear on the zucchini.  It didn't get enough because my partner doesn't like zucchini unless it has a good sear flavor developed and he didn't like this batch.  I tried to plate mine a little creatively, it doesn't look like my traditional suburban plate but it isn't all that sophisticated either. Some grated Parmesan on the chicken and some chives over the vegetables would have been nice.  Hopefully next time I'll remember to have them ready. Overall it was a tasty, fairly light meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment