Friday, January 31, 2014

Chicken Tomato Curry


Ever in search of new ways to cook the same old thing I decided to try tomato curry this time.  Fern complained about the pineapple coconut curry being too sweet. Pineapple tends to do that. So I started out in the direction of Indian Butter Chicken and diced a potato into the sauce. Turns out Fern thought the potato was pineapple. When I served dinner he complained that he was looking forward to pineapple in the sauce! I'll never win.

To make this meal, dice an onion and sweat it.  Dice chicken and flour it then add it to the pan and sear it all round.  Add up to one tablespoon of curry powder and some salt and cook it a minute.  Add a can of tomato paste and an ounce of chicken stock.  Add water till it thins into a sauce. Add a potato diced into 1/4 inch pieces, preferably par boiled. If you want to cook the potato in the sauce then remove the chicken so it doesn't become rubbery. About 5 minutes from ready add some frozen peas. Serve over rice.

The salad is garden mix bag of salad. I make a vinaigrette, toss the salad in it and put it in a bowl. If I do that, we eat salad. If I have to make the salad too, we don't eat salad.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive/canola oil
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 dot dijon mustard. (less than half a chocolate chip)
1/2 tsp salt
pepper

Whisk and toss the salad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment