Thursday, January 16, 2014

Roast Beef - Sirloin Tip


Ryan was here when I was deciding what to have for dinner so I invited him to stay and went off to the store to get a roast beef of some sort. A beautiful Sirloin Tip Roast was on special at half price. Perfect! I had potatoes and carrots so I only needed broccoli to complete the meal. 

I seasoned the roast with salt first, then Montreal Steak Spice and set the oven at 300ºF.  It would take about an hour and a half at that temperature, I inserted the meat thermometer and put it in the centre of the oven. Ordinary mashed potatoes and carrots and broccoli that was steamed to almost cooked then cooled under running water and subsequently reheated in olive oil. The gravy was made in the roasting pan while the meat rested under foil.  I used a tsp of flour, browned in the pan then chicken stock to thin. I think I put a little milk in it too so it wouldn't taste like chicken soup, red wine would also work. Red wine has to be cooked off so don't add it at the last minute. The white condiment is horseradish. 

It looks a bit like a suburban drive by but it tasted wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment