Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pork Tenderloin


Fern had to eat early so I had to rush things a bit.  I didn't marinate the meat like I did last time and it showed.  I didn't get the bright acid taste into the meat and I used dried oregano which didn't impart as much flavour as fresh. It was good but not great.

I started with a shallot diced and when it was sweated added a few cloves of crushed garlic.  I cut the tenderloin into bite size pieces and seasoned them with salt and pepper. The pork went into the pan and got a nice sear all around then I added the mushrooms and green pepper. A little water accumulated in the pan so I sprinkled a little flour over it and tossed it together. That gave a nice sauce. I sprinkled lemon juice over the pan and cooked it off to give the dish a little zing. I served it next to rice and put some soy sauce on mine. Fern prefers plain white rice, that's why I don't usually do a pilaf. 

For a 30 minute meal it was pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment