Thursday, May 8, 2014

Breaded Chicken Breast


My chicken stock was too old to use so it was time to make fresh.  I've had bread crumbs sitting around for a while so I decided to use some of them up.  First I boned the breasts and put the bones in a pot of water with a carrot, celery stick, onion and two bay leaves. I skimmed the foam off so it doesn't get cloudy and let it simmer for 30 minutes or so. 

I salted the breasts then coated them in a mixture of flour and poultry seasoning. Next I dipped them in egg and rolled them in bread crumbs. I cooked them in the BBQ which wasn't the best place to cook breaded anything but I managed to prevent most scorching by keeping the meat off the flame. The rice was done in the microwave as was the corn. Served with mayonnaise for the meat and soy sauce on my rice. I also made a quick vinaigrette of olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, mixed pepper and a dot of Dijon mustard. Toss lettuce, cucumber and tomato together with the vinaigrette and serve. 

The chicken was crunchy and wonderful.  The rice and corn were completely ordinary but good none the less. The salad was surprisingly good. Fern tore the lettuce instead of me cutting it. We'll see later today if tearing it prevents it turning brown on the edges. I have my doubts, but I've been wrong before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment