Friday, May 23, 2014

Prawns and Pasta


We were both working late so it was at the last minute Fern mentioned prawns and pasta again.  I was thinking of a restaurant but at least prawns are easy.  I sweated a shallot then put the prawns with tails taken off into the pan.  When the first side had colour I turned them over. I cooked them just so they had colour but not cooked all the way through. Remove prawns from pan. They'll finish cooking in the sauce.

Add a teaspoon of flour and enough oil to make a paste, then cook off the flour taste.  Add quarter to half a cup of beef stock.  Add water to thin followed by 3/4 of a can of tomato paste. Add one teaspoon dried basil or a tablespoon of fresh. Add a dash of salt.  When the pasta is ready, add the prawns to the sauce and the pasta.  Toss to heat it all up and serve with parmesan cheese grated on top.  

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
1/4 tsp Dijon Mustard

Whisk, toss and munch.

I'm fairly certain this now takes me less than 30 minutes to put on the table and it still tastes like a restaurant meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment