Sunday, May 11, 2014

Quick Sole


I thinset the rest of the tiles in the new bathroom in the afternoon. Bathroom almost finished. I never imagined how much I would miss a toilet near my man cave.  Consequently I didn't get home from the store till 6:18pm and Fern wanted dinner at 7pm.  How fast can I cook sole?

Immediately I put rice, salt, water, pinch saffron and a bit of olive oil in microwave bowl and got it going.  I quickly snapped the ends off the Asparagus and got an inch of water in the Asparagus steamer going.  I salted and coated the fish in flour and got a large frying pan with plenty of olive oil in it hot and ready for the fish. Sole is thin so it cooks fast, usually about two minutes a side. Everything else should be almost ready when the fish goes in the pan.

For lemon sauce I put a teaspoon of flour in a small sauce pan and added a pad of butter.  I cooked the flour taste off for a minute then added a splash of chicken stock, tablespoon of lemon juice and water. Add 1/2 tsp salt to the sauce. Add water and lemon juice till the sauce is thinned nicely and tastes balanced. Not too sour, not too bland.

When the asparagus was ready I plated it, salt it and rubbed it with butter.  Lemon sauce over the fish and asparagus.

I managed to have the plates ready at 7:05pm, not bad but I wouldn't win Chopped. Fern was happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment