Saturday, May 17, 2014

Breaded Pork Cutlet


I felt like some kind of pork or maybe fish.  I walked past the fish and nothing called to me but the pork cutlets seemed to give a nod. I grabbed the cutlets and headed home.  Fern wanted dinner before 7pm so he could enjoy it and get to his meeting at 8pm. I waited till 6:19 to get started. First, 1/2 a cup of rice went into the microwave, that takes twenty minutes.  I peeled and sliced 3 carrots and put them in boiling water to cook.

I laid the cutlets in plenty of hot olive oil in a large frying pan.  They take 3 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness. The carrots were cooked so I drained them and added some olive oil and put them on medium low heat. To the carrots I added a diced avocado and toss it in the hot oil.

Vinaigrette 

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
1/4 tsp Dijon mustard (a dot or to taste)

Whisk, toss and serve. 

I had the whole meal plated at 6:55pm and it was deliciously different. Warmed avocado is nice but I think something better than carrots can be found to pair it with. Peas maybe? The cutlet was crunchy and delicious. I don't know what they season it with but we both like the flavour. These are from Save-On Foods.  Safeway has nice cutlets as well but the breading doesn't taste as good.

I didn't put soy sauce on my rice, maybe the first time ever. It was good with what was on the plate so I didn't miss it. I put some of Fern's ketchup beside my cutlet. Fern had apple sauce. Overall it was a very nice meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment