Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Kevin Catches Fish - Trout


Our good friend Kevin went fishing at a local lake and caught several trout.  He gave us two which was too much for us so I gave one to  Jill and Chris next door.  I've never cooked trout but I have enough confidence now that it didn't intimidate me. First I salt and peppered the skin and body cavity. Then I chopped up fresh chives, parsley, rosemary and garlic and filled the body cavity.  I drizzled it with olive oil, wrapped the whole fish in foil and put it in the BBQ, off the heat. It roasted for just over half an hour and I turned it over half way through. The BBQ temperature was about 350-400ºF.

Once done, I gently pulled the meat off the bones and gave us each half a fish, which was plenty. Only one big bone was left on each half so it works well.

The greek salad was the rest of yesterday's and the heirloom potatoes were finished in butter. The broccoli was steamed and finished in olive oil. I made a little lemon sauce of flour, butter, chicken stock, salt, papprika, lemon juice and water. I served the sauce over the broccoli and fish. Fern and the dogs loved this meal. I did too eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment