Monday, May 19, 2014

Cajun Cod Again!


I forgot to take a photo of the plate but last nights dinner was exactly the same as the previous time I cooked it, so I'm reusing the old photo. I'm pretty sure I overcooked the broccoli exactly the same amount this time too! If it's good enough to make twice, it's pretty good.

Cajun Rub

2 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp paprika 
1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp freshly ground white pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground mustard

1/8 tsp ground cloves

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Dot of Dijon mustard


Whisk and toss the salad in it.

Broccoli steamed, then cooled under running cold water and reheated in olive oil. If you manage to not over cook it this is a terrific treatment. I get a nice brown on the fish by first salting then add pepper and finally sprinkle it with flour.

A fast easy meal that tastes great.

No comments:

Post a Comment