Monday, May 5, 2014

Halibut with Heirloom Potatoes


Fresh Halibut is on special and Fern asked for nugget potatoes. A small bag of heirloom potatoes was on special so I bought that. We had a big lunch so I decided not to make a salad but just put something fresh on the plate. 

The halibut is fried in olive oil on the skin side to make it crispy. I had to turn it over to get the top cooked.  Maybe putting a lid on it to cook the top would speed things up, but could over cook it more easily too. 

I boiled the potatoes, finished with salt and butter and steamed the broccoli then finished it in olive oil. The fresh tomato has fresh chives, salt, black pepper, olive oil and rice wine vinegar. Lemon juice dripped over the Halibut when serving.

Fern didn't like the potatoes till I explained they were ancient, not new, varieties. The black ones are much sweeter than white potatoes we're using today. Another wonderful easy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment