Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Breaded Chicken Breast


Sanding and painting that bathroom, almost done. I boned my chicken breasts, fried the skins for the dogs and disposed of the bones. I haven't been making many sauces lately so don't need fresh stock all the time. I mixed up a teaspoon of onion powder with half a teaspoon of poultry seasoning and if I'd stopped there I would have been better off. I decided to add the flour to the herbs which robbed the mix of most of its flavour.  I salt first then should have coated with onion and poultry seasoning and then coat with flour. Next time. Anyway, I whisked up an egg and dipped the floured breasts in it then rolled them in bread crumbs. I sprayed the bread crumbs with oil so they'd brown a bit, it worked fairly well. I served my breast on a bed of mayonnaise. 

The rice is basmati done in the microwave. I put soy sauce on mine, Fern likes his plain. The broccoli was steamed for 3 minutes then run under cold water to stop cooking. Five minutes before plating I put the broccoli back in the pot with olive oil and a pinch of salt to finish cooking. The salad was a plain vinaigrette.

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper
1/8 tsp mustard

It all tasted good and that's what counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment