Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fresh Oregano Pork Tenderloin


Fern had chicken for lunch so I decided on pork for dinner.  A nice pork tenderloin was less than $6 so it's a relatively inexpensive meal. I did rice in the microwave and steamed the broccoli and finished it in olive oil.  The meat I marinated for an hour or so in 

Pork Marinade

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
salt 
pepper

I deliberately kept this simple so I could see if a simple marinade is as good as a more complex one. To my great surprise, the fresh oregano lent it's flavour to the meat and Fern repeatedly remarked on how good the pork was. Onion or garlic powder and whatever else just muddy the flavour. Yet another case of 'less is more'.

Vinaigrette 

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
1/4 tsp dijon mustard

Whisk and toss the salad in the dressing. I quick note here, Fern said if the lettuce is torn instead of cut, it will not go brown.  He was right! Lettuce in the bin had no brown edges after 3 days. It still lost water and went limp but it's easy to eat it before that happens.

I'll do pork this way again.


No comments:

Post a Comment