Monday, May 18, 2015

Cajun Chicken BBQ


I shopped early but started on dinner late. Playing with the baby chickens and I did clean their cage. Since we went out to The Laughing Oyster last night I didn't feel the need to try to outdo Chef Dave's team of professionals, keep it simple. Also one of the gardeners brought his son over to swim in the pool. I took the cover off and exhausted myself watching a movie. 

I salted the chicken breasts on both sides then seasoned with Cajun spice mix on both sides. I have mixed my own Cajun spice but the bulk bin Cajun at Save On Foods is just as good. I brushed the seasoned breasts with olive oil and put them on a hot BBQ. The heat was turned down from high and I turned them every 5 minutes till they had been in for twenty minutes and had crossed grill marks on both sides. 

The rice was Basmati done in the microwave with salt, splash of lemon juice, 2 tsp olive oil. I put soy sauce on mine on the plate because I don't like plain white rice, Fern does. The Broccoli was steamed and finished in olive oil with a bit of salt.  

It was all really good despite being extremely simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment