Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sloppy Souvlaki But I Have a New Reef


I was so exhausted from opening the pool I almost ordered in but bought Mitchell's pork souvlaki instead. Brush it with oil and put it on a hot BBQ on medium high heat for 15 minutes, turning so all sides brown. It doesn't get any easier.

Along with that is 1/2 cup Basmati rice with 1 cup water, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt and cooked in the microwave. Once the rice was done I took it out and stirred it with a fork. The peas were frozen, cooked in the microwave and finished with butter, salt and a bit of black pepper. That's it and no pots to wash!

It was a great and gratefully simple dinner.

Yesterday I finally got the new pool liner installed and the pool filled. I still have to tighten things up to stop the plumbing leaks but the hard work is over. It has a Caribbean coral reef motif around the side wall. Before I filled the pool the dog was standing there barking at the fish. We were afraid it looked a bit too kiddy pool before we filled it, but it looks fine. The fish seem to move around in the rippling water. Behind the pool on the right are my backyard chickens. Their run needs a little work. Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment