Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Liver with Bacon and Onions


I think I'm finally starting to get the picture at Mitchell's. Friday's they have fresh fish. Monday they had liver. It looks like lower volume meats they do bring in, but only once a week. That works for me now that I know not to decide on dinner till I see what they have. I started with 3 strips of bacon diced and fried in my big pan then put them aside. I thinly sliced 2 onions and started frying them in another pan.  Potatoes were boiling for mash and I had the broccoli ready in the steamer. I steamed the broccoli to almost done then cooled it under running water. 

When the onions started to have some colour I added the bacon to them and turned the heat down. First I laid out the liver and salted it on one side. Then I put flour in a plastic bag and shook each piece to coat it. I laid the liver in a hot frying pan with plenty of oil. It's best if the liver is just a tiny bit pink inside, which is hard to do if it's thin, so just try not to over cook it.

I mashed the potatoes and added butter, milk and salt.  The broccoli I put back in a pan with olive oil and a pinch of salt to reheat. When the liver was done I plated it on the liver and bacon. That is ordinary tomato ketchup on my liver, I love it that way.

I also made a Greek salad that I forgot to photograph.  It had tomato, cucumber, chives, black olives, feta cheese, olive oil, canola oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment