Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cajun Chicken with Stewed Fresh Tomatoes and Kale


Snapper if they had any or chicken. That looks like chicken! I sifted sand for the new pool liner all day so I'm exhausted and didn't want to make a complicated dinner. Cajun chicken requires chicken, Cajun spice, salt, olive oil and a BBQ. Rice goes in the microwave because it has a moisture sensor so it cooks rice perfectly every time. Brown rice, not so much. Olive oil, salt and lemon juice go in the rice. Kale I can cut the stems out, slice up the leaves, steam for 4 minutes and finish with olive oil. So that's what I started.

While everything was cooking I thought, "I really need something on that chicken." I looked in the fridge. Fresh tomatoes. I can stew up a couple of tomatoes with black pepper and a little salt and that should be perfect. I diced up the tomatoes, skins on, and stewed them up in no time. It was exceptionally good.

The kale was really nice too. I think it would have been even better with a few drops of lemon juice. I'll remember that for next time. The tomatoes were enough to flavour my rice, I didn't need soy sauce. A new high in my gastronome.

We'll be having a lot more Cajun chicken when Fern's tomatoes start to ripen.


No comments:

Post a Comment