Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Chicken Thighs


Mitchell's was sold out of chicken breasts, bone in or off, so I had to get something else. We just had pork so I decided on chicken thighs, I bought four. When I got home I thought about cooking them and decided to use Shake'n Bake. Turns out I didn't have any so I had to use my own concoction. In a plastic bag I put 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning, 1/2 tsp paprika and a bit of fresh ground pepper. I salted the meat first then put each piece in the bag and shook it. I laid them on a baking sheet, brushed them with oil (this was a mistake) and put them in a 400F oven. I forgot how much fat is in chicken skin so I added oil on top. There is plenty of fat in the skin, don't add more.

The rice was cooked with salt, lemon juice and olive oil and I put soy sauce on it on the plate. Frozen peas with fresh carrots on the side completes the plate. I put a few drops of lemon juice in the peas and carrots which destroyed their colour. A little acid helps, when it's added on the plate, not when vegetables are cooking.

My coating mix wasn't quite as good as the original but it was crunchy and had flavour. Plain basmati rice speaks for itself. The vegetables tasted fine but looked a bit washed out. Overall, not a bad meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment