Monday, May 25, 2015

Cajun Chicken with Cheddar Sauce


A really simple meal this time, made more complicated by the BBQ running out of gas halfway through. Fortunately I went out to check it just as the gas cut out. The tank took a little fiddling to get in the right spot and the veggies got a little overdone, but a fairly good recover. I chopped a little parsley into the veggies to perk them up.

 Rice done in the microwave with salt, olive oil and lemon juice. The chicken just had salt and cajun spice then I brushed it with olive oil and put it on the BBQ. I diced a stick of celery and steamed it with the broccoli. The celery didn't tolerate the overcooking at all well.

The cheese sauce I made in a small pot on the induction element. A teaspoon of flour and tablespoon of butter cooked to bubbling then 1/2 cup milk or so, whisked smooth and cheese. Cut off several slices of cheese so it doesn't take all night to melt. Melt the cheese and let the sauce thicken a bit. Serve over the broccoli and over or under the chicken and rice. It looks a mess but I like my  cheese or hollandaise sauce slathered over everything.

The cheese sauce was really good on the Cajun spice and the rice and the broccoli and the celery and the plate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment