Friday, May 8, 2015

Cajun Chicken with Kale and Corn


I was installing the new liner for the pool all day. It's filling now, later I'll be able to finish off the top supports. It has a coral reef motif and the dog has been standing there barking at the fish.


Exhausted from the pool I didn't want to spend 90 minutes in the kitchen.  Cajun chicken has become the go to meal when I'm in a hurry. Sprinkle the meat with salt and Cajun spice, brush with olive oil and put on the BBQ. I have the BBQ on medium high flame for the first few minutes then turn it down so they roast for 25-30 minutes. (These breasts were smaller so they were done in 20).

The rice has salt, few drops lemon juice and olive oil. The kale was left over from the other day and there were only two leaves.  I cut the stems out and sliced it into bite size pieces.  I decided to boil the kale since steaming it last time didn't produce the results I wanted. There wasn't quite enough kale so I had to add something to it. At the last minute I decided on corn and added it to the pot. When that was done I drained and added butter, salt and a few drops of apple cider vinegar.

The vinegar really worked with the kale and the corn was an excellent partner. I'll have to remember that for next time. The chicken was excellent but unless I burn it, it's fool proof.


No comments:

Post a Comment