Friday, June 26, 2015

Cajun Chicken with Spring Garden Salad



We had a big lunch late in the day so a lighter dinner was in order. Chicken breast salted and dusted with Cajun spice mix. Brush with olive oil and put on the BBQ over medium flame for 20 minutes. Thicker breasts will take up to 30 minutes. Bone in, 45 minutes. Ordinary Basmati rice with salt, olive oil and a few drops rice wine vinegar.  I put a little soy sauce on my rice, that's the brown spot in the middle. 

Fern got a bag of spring mix garden salad so all I had to do was mix a vinaigrette and toss the salad. First I diced up a tomato and a stalk of celery and added that.

2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp canola oil
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp hot horseradish
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp sweet pickle relish
1/2 salt
mixed pepper

Yesterday Fern said he would like more flavour in the vinaigrette so that's why I added the horseradish and mustard. I tasted that and it was interesting but bitter. I added a teaspoon of pickle relish which has lots of sugar in it to sweeten the vinaigrette. I tasted that and it was delicious, so I tossed the salad in it. The whole meal was quite good despite it's simplicity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment