Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Rib Steak and Gruel


At the last minute I found out I was eating alone so I rushed to Mitchell's and picked up a rib steak. I forgot that I'd used up all the sour cream so didn't buy any. When I got home I realized I wasn't going to have a baked potato. Rice would work, especially with the cream corn I was planning to have. In fact I decided to put my cream corn in with my rice and have them both together. It turned out to be not such a good idea. the corn overwhelmed the rice and the texture was wrong. I ate my fill but only because I like rice and corn, nothing I did made them better. The steak was excellent, I can definitely BBQ meat. I salted it, added black pepper and brushed it with olive oil then on high heat for 2x2x2x2 minutes to get crossed grill marks on both sides.

It really looks like a bachelor's inept plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment