Saturday, June 20, 2015

Snapper and an Artichoke from the Garden!


We ate the artichoke first which meant the fish was cold when we got to it. I didn't realize how long it takes to eat an artichoke. You could almost have a bottle of wine over it, then cook dinner. As it was I could have taken two more rows of leaves off the artichoke and discarded them. This time I boiled them and it worked much better, they were cooked. So were all the black aphids. I washed and rinsed those artichokes till nothing else came out but it wasn't enough. Next time I'll wash them in dish detergent and baking soda. Chemical weapons ought to do it. I chopped up fresh garlic, added it to butter and cooked it just a minute on the induction burner. Next time Fern wants a vinaigrette to dip it in. That might be easier than getting a pot hot.

The fish was salted and seasoned with Cajun spice mix then fried in olive/canola oil. The new potatoes were boiled and finished with butter and salt. The corn was frozen, microwaved, finished with salt, butter and love.

It would have been fantastic if it had been hot. I could have microwaved the plate but that dries out the fish, turns potatoes to mush and the corn never seems to change much no matter what you do to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment