Sunday, June 21, 2015

Steak, mashed potatoes and spinach, mushroom and celery salad


I sliced up about eight mushrooms. I held stems of spinach and picked all the leaves off till I had enough for salad for two. Then I washed them and spun them in the salad spinner. Sliced a stalk of celery thinly. 

2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp canola oil
2 tsp white wine vinegar or malt or cider or red or lemon juice ...
1/2 tsp salt
mixed pepper

Whisk the vinaigrette and quickly toss the spinach in it to coat. Then throw enough mushrooms into the salad to look good and add the celery. Toss well to coat everything.

The mushrooms were fried in olive oil on the induction burner. The steak was BBQ'd for 2x2x2x2 minutes to get crossed grill marks on both sides. I didn't get to the grill on time each time and the steaks were over done. If I had mis en place I wouldn't have well done them.

There was still a little pink in the middle so it wasn't that bad. These Australian beef steaks were good but next time I'll buy the more expensive Canadian. I think it does taste better. The salad was really nice too. I put the celery in for Fern but it does give a nice highlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment