Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Honey Garlic Ginger Chicken


Normally Fern doesn't like 'sweet' tastes in his meals but the other day I made garlic ginger chicken and Fern suggested it would be good with a honey glaze. So that's what I did here. 

2 tsp ground garlic
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
mixed pepper

Put the coating in a plastic bag and shake the breasts to evenly coat them.  Brush with olive oil and put on the BBQ. I seared both sides for at least 2 minutes before glazing.

2 tbsp honey
juice from half a lemon

Whisk the lemon into the honey and start basting the chicken with the glaze. I basted every few minutes till the glaze was all gone. 

The rice was done in the microwave with olive oil, salt and a few drops lemon juice. When it was done I stirred in some fresh chives.  The corn was frozen, cooked in the microwave and finished with butter and salt.

The plate looks a bit pathetic but I did remodel the chicken run so I've been working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment