Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pork Cutlet


Pork cutlets from Mitchell's fried in olive and canola oil. New potatoes finished with butter and fresh carrots with frozen peas also with butter. I was out of apple sauce so I recruited cranberry sauce instead. It doesn't go at all, don't try it. Otherwise it was a wonderful plate of food. The salad was another story.

I was given a gift box of infused olive oils and a range of balsamic vinegars. The first one I tried was Tuscan Herb infused olive oil. I mixed it with red balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, then tasted it. I thought it was a hint of garlic that I tasted so I tossed the salad with it. When it came to eating the salad after a few bites that pleasant flavour was becoming unpleasant. About the third bite I said, "This tastes like truffle oil!" It was so unpleasant I threw away my salad. First time I've ever done that!

Truffle oil is not a food, it's a bad marketing gimmick.

No comments:

Post a Comment