Friday, June 24, 2016

Breaded Chicken Breast with Risotto


An easy meal tonight. I mixed 2 tsp flour with poultry seasoning, salt and mixed pepper and coated the chicken in that. Then I dipped it in milk and rolled it in bread crumbs. Unfortunately the milk washed off a considerable amount of the flour mixture so I would combine the flour and milk next time. It worked well enough though so I roasted the breasts at 325F for 25 minutes. That's a blob of plain mayonnaise straight from the bottle. 

Risotto was simple as well. I put half the water in the pot with the rice and simmered it till almost dry then add more water, 1 tsp chicken stock powder and stir frequently till water is absorbed and rice is cooked. Add 3/4 cup grated parmesan and a pad of butter. It should have had a caramelized onion and some white wine but it was late, I was tired and it was enough.

Balsamic vinaigrette was 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper. Whisk, toss and serve. Clearly I didn't strain myself tonight, but it tasted good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment