Sunday, June 5, 2016

Chicken Breast with Caramelized Onion Potato Salad


It was supposed to be crab cakes by the pool with friends but that was rained out so at the last minute Fern and I had chicken, dinner by the pool will happen tomorrow. I don't remember now what I did to that breast but it looks like it was basted with something sugary. Maybe honey mustard sauce. Anyway, it was good, it was chicken. The real star here was the potato salad. Fern had challenged me to make a really good potato salad and I managed to not disappoint. I peeled, salted and boiled the potatoes then let them cool. I also boiled an egg and let that cool. I diced two onions and caramelized them to golden sweetness. I diced a carrot, stick of celery, slice of red onion, tablespoon of roasted red pepper. I sliced up the boiled egg. 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, salt, mixed pepper and some paprika. I think that was everything but the onion made it different and delicious. 

In the background was a Greek Salad. Tomato, red onion, English cucumber because the skin isn't bitter, goat feta, black olive, salt, black pepper. Olive oil and lemon juice. Toss and serve.

For a twenty five minute meal, this was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment