Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pork Souvlaki with Greek Salad


This morning I installed electric fence around the back yard which required much pruning of shrubbery. It was hard work but hopefully will keep the bears and deer out. This afternoon I built a sun deck by the pool for Daffny the Duck so she can get off of ours. It's across the pool and sloped into the garden to dispose of her poop. I hope she figures it out soon.


Consequently I didn't have the energy to make a big effort at dinner. Fortunately Mitchell's makes wonderful pork souvlaki skewers that taste great so I bought those and  had everything else I needed. All I did was brush them with oil and put them on the BBQ over medium high heat for 15 minutes, turning every few minutes. With that I made rice with salt and olive oil. I put a little soy sauce on my rice, it goes with practically anything and rice. 

On the side was a Greek salad consisting of 3 roma tomatoes diced, 3 inches English cucumber sliced, thin slice of onion diced, chunk feta cheese crumbled, black olives, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.  Toss and serve.

Sloppy plate but it tasted great. Fern loved the salad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment