Saturday, June 18, 2016

Mustard Marinated Pork Chop with Ratatouille and New Potatoes


I actually shopped before noon so had time to properly marinate pork chops! I got out my vacuum marinator. I'm not convinced the vacuum has much effect on taste but the device is the ideal marinator so I like to use it. I put 2 tablespoons of mustard powder in the marinator with 2 tbsp of olive oil. 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar and 2 cloves garlic finely diced. 2 good pinches of salt and some pepper, mix. Dredge the chops in the marinade on both sides, put the lid on and suck the air out. Put in fridge till bbq time. 

BBQ on medium high heat for 15 minutes turning several times.

The potatoes were the easy part. Cut them up, boil them, add salt and plenty of butter. 

Vegetable medley was onion, carrot, celery, orange pepper, green bean and cherry tomatoes. First I blanched the beans and carrots. Next I caramelized the onion,  then sweated the celery and pepper. I added in the carrot and beans. I sprinkled a little beef stock powder over it and a dusting of flour. Then I cooked the flour taste off before adding a splash of water and the cherry tomatoes. Toss the vegetables in the thin gravy to make them glisten. 

The pork chop was magical. The vegetables were amazingly delicious but couldn't compare to the chops. The potatoes were great salty, buttery filler.

No comments:

Post a Comment