Thursday, June 9, 2016

Lamb Chops


I wasn't sure what to get for dinner so at the meat counter when I saw the lamb chops I immediately decided on them. I salted, peppered, brushed with oil and BBQ'd them in 2x2x2x2 minutes over high heat to get crossed grill marks and perfect medium rare. I cut a sprig of mint in the garden and chopped up the leaves. I mixed them up with 2 teaspoons of vinegar, a pinch of salt and a bigger pinch of sugar. That made a surprisingly good sauce for one. Fern doesn't like mint on lamb.

New potatoes boiled and finished with butter and salt. The sugar snap peas I blanched first then fried in olive oil with strips of green pepper. Pearl onions were tossed in to heat up before removing from heat and adding pad of butter. Stir the melting butter into the peas and plate.

The lamb was wonderful and two chops were enough, just. Usually I buy 3 each but that's pricey for an every day meal. The pearl onions were a real treat, I'm going to use more of them. Stretching out the peas with half a green pepper worked well too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment