Friday, June 24, 2016

Salisbury Steak


That gravy sure looks like a pile of doodoo on the plate but when I plated it I could only see the caramelized onion, bacon, celery and mushrooms that gave it flavour. The meat you can't see was 200gm of ground beef with ground garlic, salt, black pepper and 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Make into a patty and BBQ. I boiled the new potatoes and finished them with butter and salt. The peas were frozen and microwaved, finished with butter and salt.

For the gravy I seared the mushrooms and remove them from the pan then caramelized an onion with two strips of bacon cut into small pieces. I sweated the celery and added a tsp of flour and one of beef stock powder and the mushrooms. When the flour taste was cooked off I stirred in a cup of water. When it's finished add a pad of butter and stir it in while it melts. If I had strained the gravy and added the mushrooms in I would have had a nice smooth 'pretty' gravy but I kind of like the rustic look, maybe 'cause it's easier.

It tasted great and at the end of the day, that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment