Monday, October 28, 2013

Breaded Pork Cutlet


I'm starting to trust those tenderized pork cutlets because they have less fat, they're cheap and they can be made to taste good. All I had for breading were a couple of old stale buns. Use what's on hand! So I ground them up in the blender and seasoned the crumbs with salt, mixed pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme. I first season the cutlet with salt and mixed pepper then coat the cutlet in corn flour. Dip it in a whipped egg and roll in the bread crumbs. I fry them in plenty of hot oil. It can help to slowly lower the cutlet into the pan, then shake the pan so the meat doesn't stick in one spot.

I was out of potatoes so we had rice. Fresh vegetables were pricey so I decided to go frozen, hence corn and peas.  The red stuff was an attempt at roasted red pepper pesto but the pepper's were old and sat in the fridge too long. A few other mistakes went into them so overall they were really, really bad.

The cutlet on the other hand was perfect! Delicious, moist and crunchy outside. It's messier dealing with egg dips but it sure makes a great coating. I think I'll buy those cutlets more often because this is just as good or better than tenderloin medallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment