Friday, October 25, 2013

Turkey a la King



It does look like a bit of a hodge podge, but it tasted good!  Those are store bought egg noodles, I thought about making my own but that didn't seem to happen. I started sweating a big diced shallot followed by a stick of celery and a carrot.  I also threw in some mixed sweet peppers from the freezer since fresh are done. A bay leaf went in while it all softened along with garlic powder and poultry seasoning. I removed everything from the pan, tossed the cubed turkey in flour and added it to the pan with plenty of oil.  I rolled it around, browning it a bit then added a quarter to half a cup of chicken stock.  Everything went back in the pan with some  milk, a cup or two until the level is visible.   Keep the heat high and boil off the liquid. I added half a cup of cream cheese that was supposed to be mozzarella. Gotta use it somehow. Entirely optional.

While it was reducing I added some frozen peas, salt, mixed pepper,  and paprika. When the sauce had thickened enough I plated it over the noodles. It tasted great! Fern doesn't like cream sauces a whole lot and he liked it, so it had to be pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment