Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pineapple Chicken Coconut Curry



I didn't decide on curry till I stood in front of the meat counter. Everything looked like too much work except a pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts. A curry looks like work but is actually pretty simple to put together.  I picked up a can of Coconut Milk and one of Pineapple Bits and headed home with dinner.

I put basmati rice on to cook, my microwave has a Rice button, so it's really easy to make. I cubed the chicken breasts and seasoned them with salt. Then I added flour and rolled the pieces to coat them. They went straight into a hot pan with plenty of oil. I just get a bit of browning all over then take them out of the pan before they are done through.

Into the pan went diced onion and garlic to sweat.  When it was translucent a carrot finely chopped went in. Shortly after that a chopped celery stick followed by a diced green/yellow pepper. Two tablespoons of Madras Curry Powder (or whatever type is on hand) tossed over everything. Cook the powder briefly. Add 1/4 cup chicken stock, one can coconut milk and a handful of pineapple pieces. Bring to a fast simmer and reduce the coconut milk. Add the chicken back in so it can finish cooking in the sauce.  I also threw in a few frozen green peas at this point. When it's nice and thick serve over rice.

Oh my goodness gracious it was veddy good, veddy good.

No comments:

Post a Comment