Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ham Steak with Ginger White Wine Peaches


This is my first attempt at more complex dishes.  It was more complex all right. To the point that I couldn't judge the seasoning. I think it just needed salt but some spice/heat would have been nice. The potatoes were properly seasoned and so was the steamed broccoli which was also perfectly cooked for a change. The peaches just didn't have the punch I was looking for. I simply reheated the ham slice in the sauce and plated them together.

The compote is half a can of sliced peaches chopped up. A pad of butter in a small pan and a little juice from the can along with all the peaches and 1/2 cup of white wine. I added 1/2 tsp powdered ginger and a dash of cinnamon then reduced to a sauce. It was unremarkable but promising so I'll experiment this way again. I'll add more salt and make it hotter next time. Fern doesn't like sweet components in his entrée so I probably only get one more shot at this dish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment