Monday, October 7, 2013

Pork, Orange Pepper and Chanterelle Mushroom Stir Fry


I'm by myself for dinner tonight which usually means a rib steak, but we just had beef tenderloin the other night so I just didn't feel like it. I found a nice pork loin chop for 30% off which I could make into a stir fry so I picked it up and headed home.

I chopped up an onion, carrot, celery stick, orange pepper and chanterelle mushrooms. Then cubed the chop and rolled it in flour and fried it in a large pan.  As soon as it had colour all around I added the onion and carrots. Once they softened I added the celery, quickly followed by the orange pepper and mushrooms.  I had managed to keep the pan hot enough that the pan wasn't getting soggy, everything was frying.  A lot of flavour gets cooked onto the bottom of the pan so I added soy sauce and a teaspoon or two of molasses and 1/4 cup chicken stock to marry the flavours. That formed a thick sauce so I plated the stir fry over white basmati rice and garnished with nothing because I'm by myself.

It was really good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment