Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rib Steak


Well wouldn't you know it.  Fern missed the ferry and had to wait 4 hours for the next one, leaving me alone for dinner one more night.  Of course I bought a nice rib steak! I also picked up fresh Brussel Sprouts.  I did the potato in the microwave then put it in a warm oven.  Then I did the veggies in the microwave as well.  The steak I salted, black peppered and oiled both sides then put it on the BBQ on high heat in 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes, turn over, 2 minutes rotate, 2 minutes and it's done with crossed grill marks on both sides. Butter, sour cream, fresh chives and bacon bits on the potato and butter, salt and black pepper on the veggies. Despite it's simplicity, the meal was packed with flavour.

One little note.  I bought Olympic sour cream this time, a premium brand. It's texture and taste is much better than the ordinary Dairyland sour cream I used to buy. From now on I'll pay more for Olympic because I know it's worth the extra money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment