Friday, October 11, 2013

Chicken Marinated in White Wine, Oregano and garlic


My U-Vin white wine is ready and I decided to use it as a marinade for the chicken.  I had Greek flavours in mind so I collected fresh oregano from the garden. 

Chicken Marinade

1/2 cup white wine
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
3 cloves garlic smashed, chopped

An hour was all it got to marinate but it was enough to impart excellent flavour. I cooked the chicken on the BBQ.  Two minutes each side over high heat then 25-30 minutes roasting off the heat. Fern mentioned that reducing the marinade into a sauce would have been nice on the plate.  I didn't think of it but it might work, worth trying next time.

I did white rice in the microwave and carrots and broccoli in the steamer.  When the broccoli was done it was cooled under running water then reheated with olive oil.  Delicious once the bitterness is cooked off the oil.

The chicken was moist and I'm definitely happy with my wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment