Thursday, October 31, 2013

Leftover Pork Stir Fry


We only ate about half that roast pork the other day so a stir fry is a great way to finish it off. I needed bean sprouts and mushrooms to complete the dish so I did quick shopping. 

I put rice on, plain white rice, the flavour will be in the sauce.  I started by sweating to golden a diced onion and a clove of garlic in rice oil with a bit of sesame oil added. Next I gave the mushrooms a sear. I took all that out of the pan and coated the thin slices of pork with flour.  They went in the pan with plenty of oil. When there was a nice sear on the meat I put all the carrot, celery,  bean sprouts and frozen mixed sweet peppers in. I added an ounce or two of chicken stock, a tablespoon of soy sauce and a tablespoon of molasses.  Toss and serve over the rice when the vegetables have softened. I also put extra soy sauce on my rice, Fern has his plain.

It doesn't look particularly special but the flavour is all there.  This is my favourite leftover meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment