Friday, June 13, 2014

Breaded Pork Chop


I didn't feel like fish tonight so pork was the other choice.  I bought a small pack of chops and headed home.  I wanted to see if I could make tasty breaded chops as good as the store made cutlets. I didn't want to try to duplicate the stores effort, I wanted something of my own. I mixed up 2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp ground garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, 1 tsp dried basil and 3/4 cup bread crumbs. I also whisked up an egg with salt.  I forgot to flour the chops first so I merely dipped them in egg then rolled them in breading. It seemed to stick so into the pan with plenty of olive oil.

I also had potatoes going for mashed potatoes.  I steamed fresh broccoli, ran it under cold water to stop cooking then finished it in olive oil. 

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
dot of dijon mustard
drop of oyster sauce

The salad dressing was good, but Fern doesn't like something in it. He says something bitter and awful he doesn't like in it. It's probably the mustard he insists must be in the dressing.

The chops were wonderful, juicy and tender. The breading stayed on and was extra crispy. There was lots of flavour and it was new and different. I served mine with mayonnaise, Fern had nothing. The chops really didn't need any help, they were terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment