Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lemon and Thyme Marinated Cod


We had a late lunch so we didn't have dinner till 10pm. I tried to keep it light so just rice with salt, olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. The vegetable is bok choy fried with a few drops sesame oil, beef stock, soy sauce, fish sauce and a light sprinkle of flour over top to thicken the pan drippings. The fish I put in the marinator earlier. 

Marinade

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried thyme (didn't have fresh)
2 tsp fresh chives
1/2 tsp salt
pepper

I marinated the fish for about 2-3 hours then fried it in plenty of oil. I think I overcooked Fern's piece because it was thick and I wanted to make sure it was cooked through. I forgot to take a picture before starting to eat so there is a bite out of the fish. That bite was so good I had to take a picture so I could write up the recipe. This was really good, I'll definitely make it again. Fern liked the bok choy so that adds a new fresh vegetable too!

No comments:

Post a Comment