Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pork Souvlaki with Greek Salad


I was building a new enclosure for the pool pump so didn't have time to make a big production for dinner. I picked up pork souvlakis from Mitchell's because they are really good and I haven't found a better recipe yet. The rice was done in the microwave with salt, olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice.  A little acid really picks up the rice flavour.

For the salad I diced up half an English cucumber, two tomatoes, one slice red onion. Next some pitted black olives and feta cheese crumbled on top.  Drizzle one tablespoon olive oil over the salad, one or two teaspoons lemon juice, big pinch of salt and some black pepper. Whisk and serve.

I cooked the souvlakis on the BBQ for about 10 minutes altogether. When the large pieces are firm, it's cooked. I also made a batch of peanut butter cookies and got them in the oven before starting on dinner so it doesn't look like it but I was working hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment