Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cumin Snapper


Snapper is Fern's favourite every day fish. The challenge is getting all the bones out and giving it a good but different flavour each time. Tonight I used 

1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
1 tbsp flour

I cut my two fillets into four pieces to make them easier to turn in the pan, a large piece invariably breaks. I salted and coated both sides with onion, cumin mixture and dusted flour over top so it would brown. I got oil hot in my pan before putting the fish in. 

The broccoli was steamed then run under cold water to stop cooking and finally reheated in olive oil. The rice had 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp olive oil, a pinch of saffron and several drops of lemon juice. It was cooked in the microwave.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
3 drops Worcestershire Sauce

Whisk and toss the salad in it. 

Fern really liked the fish. I liked it but I would like it better made a little differently. Oregano maybe. The salad was nice, surprisingly since I wasn't sure the oyster sauce was such a good idea. It tasted better on the salad than in the bowl. The rice was nice again. I was hoping the lemon would bring out the saffron a little and it did seem to, it was better than the last time I made saffron rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment