Monday, June 2, 2014

Pork Souvlaki


It was time for pork and it was late in the day so I went to Mitchell's and picked up a couple of pork souvlaki skewers. I did them on the BBQ and the rice was done in the microwave.  The rice had salt, olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. I'm amazed that a little lemon can perk up a starch the way it does. Done this way I don't need soy sauce to make the rice palatable. 

The salad was lettuce, tomato, cucumber, apple, walnut and chive.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper
1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano

Whisk, toss everything together and serve.

Mitchell's uses a really good marinade for the their souvlaki so the pork was predictably delicious.  As I said the rice was good on it's own and the salad stood out for it's fresh crunch. For a quick, last minute meal, this one takes the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment